RE: IPv6

2001-09-24 10:30:02
I'm very close to having IPv6 connectivity now. I found out
that Microsoft
Research has an IPv6 implementation that installs on Windows
XP (not without
warnings though). I'm currently able to ping6 myself without using the
loopback address (like... yippee). I hope to begin
experimenting with IPv6
sockets some time tonight or tomorrow (note that my timezone is CET).

An IPv6 stack is distributed with every copy of Windows XP, but it is
not activated by default, you have to type a command to do that (the
command is, "ipv6 install"). The stack is meant to enable application
developers to port and test their applications, and also network
managers to gain operational experience with IPv6. Expect further
releases & updates. Microsoft's IPv6 work is described at
http://www.microsoft.com/ipv6/.

-- Christian Huitema