RE: Nimda virus and whois search...

2001-09-30 20:50:03
I know that nobody Owns an IP, it is like Owning water and oxygen. Althought
we have water taxes but not yet oxygen taxes. It will come soon at the rate
the World pollutes (nobody talk about the Toxic Texan anymore)

Seriously, what is the appropriate term: owner, rentee, leaser ?

Franck Martin
Network and Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck(_at_)sopac(_dot_)org <mailto:franck(_at_)sopac(_dot_)org>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/
<http://www.sopac.org/> Support FMaps: http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/
<http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/>

This e-mail is intended for its addresses only. Do not forward this e-mail
without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be necessarily
the views of SOPAC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Braden [mailto:braden(_at_)ISI(_dot_)EDU]
Sent: Monday, 1 October 2001 3:33
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; franck(_at_)sopac(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Nimda virus and whois search...

  *>
  *> While I was implementing a perl script to catch nimda virus on Apache
  *> (www.digitalcon.ca/nimda/) and send an e-mail to the owner of the IP, I

It will come as a great surprise to many people to learn that someone
owns IP.  At one point, some eager beavers in the US government thought
they owned it, since they paid for its development.  But cooler heads
prevailed..

Bob Braden