BGP on Ethernet

2001-12-04 07:20:02
Hi!
Can anybody give me some information/help as to what all changes are to be
incorporated into BGP when migrating it from a single processor environment
to a multi processor distributed architecture.Let me be a little more
articulate. In a multiprocessor distributed architecture we have different
processors (probably shacked up in different shelves) running the routing
protocols. We need to keep the routing tables synched up in all these
processors. One idea is to connect all these routers (processors) within the
router to form a complete IBGP mesh. But then this introduces scalability
issues which everyone is well aware of. What is the other alternative that
we have to keep all these routing engines synchronized.

regards,
mareline s.