Re: Network Slow

2002-02-18 22:50:02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:54:18 +0530, Kias
<Thanetadmin(_at_)AUROVILLE(_dot_)ORG(_dot_)IN>  said:

Worstations  connected to a cascaded Hub  are dead slow for the server=
 based applications.
The hubs are uplinked to a 100 Mb switch . The maximum run long of the=
 cables are less than 50 mts.Tell me some ways & means which can really=
 enhcance the speed of the workstations.

My first guess is that auto-negotiation of full/half duplex has failed, and
that manually nailing both sides to either full or half (same value each end)
will make things run much better.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer