Re: Last Call: IETF and ITU-T Collaboration Guidelines to Informational

2002-03-06 14:50:02
(a) The publicly available working documents may not be up-to-date.

They are up to date for ITU-T members.

(b) Most of the ITU's publicly available documents are not free.

They are available to ITU-T members.

In the message I was responding to, you wrote:

If I stand up (physically or virtually) in an IETF
meeting and say "the ITU-T is doing such and such", you can either
believe
me or double check with the ITU.

My point was that I *cannot* double check.  You just confirmed it.

You're right that I still can't double-check someone authorized to speak
for the ITU; but, if the ITU is careful about whom it authorizes, then
such people may wind up building a reputation for
trustworthiness--"they're probably right, or the ITU leadership
wouldn't've authorized them".  And, if they get it wrong, then there's a
known person to tie to the rails when the train wreck happens.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer           |
|jstracke(_at_)incentivesystems(_dot_)com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.      |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.      |
|No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the shoulderblades|
|will cramp his style.                                         |