Re: MPLS issues spam

2002-03-09 08:00:03
At 05:58 PM 3/8/02 -0500, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
I also completely agree with Randy's point.  Posting to IETF lists should be
restricted to list participants.

The midcom mailing list started out that way but there
were some very, very loud complaints from several quarters.
Because the whole midcom thing was so contentious to start
with I decided to err on the side of openness.

Also, one thing that's happening with increasing frequency
is that spammers are subscribing bogus addresses to the mailing
list, which ups the ante on two fronts: 1) the spam gets through,
and 2) I'm getting bounce messages against those addresses.
So far the 21st century is not going as well as I'd hoped.

Melinda