Re: Article: Mobile security flaw delivers yet another blow to IPv6

2002-03-27 07:50:02
I know.  That wasn't what I was interested in, nor was that the section
I quoted.  What a guy said WAS of interest. But if folks are going to
work themselves up into a froth over it (in particular you), why not
just use the <delete> key?

Basavaraj(_dot_)Patil(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com wrote:

Hello James,

The article that you are pointing to is over a year old.

The Mobile IPv6 protocol has come a long way since
then. If you follow the progress of the MIPv6 work on
the Mobile IP WG list, you will realize that the WG is
now in the final stages of completing the work on MIPv6.

-Basavaraj

----- Original Message -----
From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james(_at_)bah(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 3:06 PM
Subject: Article: Mobile security flaw delivers yet another
blow to IPv6

"The problems with Mobile IPv6 are frustrating for IPv6 proponents, who
view wireless applications as the likely first adopters of  IPv6. This
frustration was evident at a meeting of the IETF's Mobile IP working
group, which was held in Minneapolis on March 22.

"It's a setback for those who are eager to get IPv6 out there," says
Steve Deering, a Cisco engineer who helped design IPv6 and
serves on the IETF's Internet Architecture Board. "The Mobile IP working
group has
been working on this since 1991. It's been a long process.""

Full article at http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2001/0402mobileip.html

--
James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
Booz | Allen | Hamilton