Re: RFC3271 and independance of "cyberspace"

2002-05-01 10:53:54
As I already said, "I also feel that Disney et al should have been
investing in new assets rather than working to lockup old assets"

(That message hadn't reached me when I wrote.)

I am/was arguing against the complete emasculation of IPR that Keith
called for in his original message:

| Let us dedicate ourselves to the worldwide abolishment of the
| provisions in intellectual property laws

You're omitting the restrictive clause:

which
stifle the freedom of expression and the development of a gloabl
marketplace
of ideas

In other words, he didn't call for abolishing IPR; he called for
abolishing the bad parts.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer        |
|jstracke(_at_)incentivesystems(_dot_)com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.   |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|Sleep is for wimps--healthy, well-adjusted wimps, but wimps|
|nonetheless.                                               |