Re: ssl

2002-05-04 22:41:18
On Sun, 05 May 2002 01:04:10 EDT, Bill Cunningham
<billcu(_at_)citynet(_dot_)net>  said:
Is there a rfc for secure socket layer?

RFC2246 on TLS? Or you looking specifically for SSL instead?  I believe
that was a Netscape spec rather than an IETF one, but I may be mistaken
(although 2246 says this:

3. Goals of this document

   This document and the TLS protocol itself are based on the SSL 3.0
   Protocol Specification as published by Netscape. The differences
   between this protocol and SSL 3.0 are not dramatic, but they are
   significant enough that TLS 1.0 and SSL 3.0 do not interoperate
   (although TLS 1.0 does incorporate a mechanism by which a TLS
   implementation can back down to SSL 3.0). This document is intended

Hope that helps...

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer
                                Virginia Tech