Re: Global PKI on DNS?

2002-06-07 19:30:10
On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 13:22:28 -0000, Franck Martin said:

I was wondering if the best system to build a global PKI wouldn't be the
DNS system already in place?

No.

1) There's *NOT* a good mapping between the DNS and LDAP (hint - DN=, O=,
and OU+ can be at the same level...)

2) DNS has to be *FAST*, especially at the root - we're talking on the
order of 200K queries a *SECOND*.  You figure out how to do that while
also tossing certificates around, let us know...
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer