Re: [idn] Re: CDNC Final Comments on Last call of IDN drafts

2002-06-11 06:40:16
This is CDNC final comments.  Please respect their experties
in dealing with large character sets.  Yes, it is difficult to
standardize character mapping tables, as we know well
enough.  Without the mapping tables there is no IDN either.

Yes, you are right on divide and conquor.  What is dividable
what is not dividable is what we have been debating on this
list.

UCS is not dividable is your position.  I say it is dividable
with langage tag.

IDNA is diviable from a standarded character mapping
table is your position.  I say it is undividable from the
IDNA specification.

Liana

On Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:17:29 -0700 Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>