Re: Regarding MIBs

2002-06-13 05:25:20
Hi Craig
Thanks for your reply.
No I am not talking about any GUI things.  I am talking about getting OID
(Object Identifier) for MIBs (Management Information Base) which will be
used between the network elements by SNMP (Simple Network Management
Protocol).  Its related to Network rather than GUIs.
There is an SMI structure defined for each and every MIB and unique identity
(OID) is give to it (Sought of 1.2.3.4...).  We have register our MIB to get
the OID.  What my question was that, where I can register that.  Hope you
got my question.

Regards
Chandra

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig S. Williams" <wcraig72(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: Regarding MIBs

Chandra--

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to
go to http://www.download.com and find one there.  I
have some shareware ones on my hard drive.  When I can
dig it up.  I'll send you a copy.  That is if I'm
understanding you correctly.  :-)  Are you talking
about a GUI of sorts?

Craig Williams
ONI Systems