Re: Global PKI on DNS?

2002-06-14 12:43:44
Thanks for your clarification.

But CAN DO is not DO.  Many SSL-capable servers
are not actually using SSL ( looks like a factor of 10:1).
The January 2001 Netcraft report I'm citing had 500,000 sites that
were offering SSL (albeit many with bogus certificaes). I'd be very
surprised if that was a 15:1 virtual server ratio.

In short, IMO what is important here is that the PKI server cert
market is a pin head market that does not justify all the bloated
expectations around it. It simply does not size up.
That may be the case. I was merely addressing the absolute
number issue.

-Ekr