Re: Global PKI on DNS?

2002-06-18 15:34:07
At 11:03 AM -0500 6/18/02, Alex Audu wrote:
Ed,

You made some interesting points which leads me to wonder if
we can define Trust in such a way that its parameters are verifiable,
then we can verify that it is transitive. In other words, if Jon gets
a dollar from Mike, and Jon can verify the parameters of the dollar,
then Jon doesn't care about the "trustworthyness" of  Mike's source.
Or should he?

Regards,
Alex.

I didn't want to comment on this example, but your message forces me to do so.

Jon verifies the dollar, which is a bearer credential, and not Mike, the person from whom he received the dollar. (The dollar could have been stolen by Mike!) This example says nothing about transitivity of trust.

Steve