Re: Last Call: SMTP Service Extension for Content Negotiation to Proposed Standard

2002-07-03 07:04:56
Ah. Using the first round of RCPT TOs as capabilities checks only and sending
the RSET unconditionally is really quite cute.

"cute" is rather opposite of the four-letter word I would have chosen.

It still has the added
complexity of having multiple commands per recipient, but now it is the same
command repeated, which eliminates a bunch of the edge conditions and makes
the
silly states very silly indeed.

well, I'll admit I'm curious - how does using the same command in two different
ways eliminate a bunch of edge conditions?  (if we had only one command in SMTP
and used it over and over would that eliminate even more edge conditions?)

really, I don't have a guess as to what you're talking about here, and I am
curious.

Keith