Re: Last Call: An IETF URN Sub-namespace for Registered Protocol Parameters to BCP

2002-07-08 08:29:40
note that I (for one) don't think the particular concerns raised by Keith need fixing - the description of an URN that Keith seems to have in mind seems to me to fit well with certain types of URN (such as urn:isbn), but there seems to me no reason to expect all URNs to behave the same way in the aspects we are talking about here (whether there exists a dereferenceable entity to which the URN can be resolved, for instance).

I think using URN is a better solution to the problem the W3C seems to regard as important than using HTTP URLs for the same purpose.

                    Harald