Re: results of .... election

2002-08-06 21:03:03
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joanna Lane" <jo-uk(_at_)rcn(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 8:20 PM
Subject: RE: results of .... election

Strange as it may seem to you, I think you'll find we can't be bought, with
the possible exception of a majority of seats on ICANN's Board and Executive
Committee.
Regards,
Joanna

Are you saying....that you really do not care about serving in your elected
capacity,
and the need to properly fund and staff that...but instead, think you will,
somehow,
bypass the duties you have been elected for...?....and be "given" a majority of
seats
on the ICANN "Board" ?....would this be similar to an elected U.S.
Representative
stating that s/he is not interested in that elected position, but instead would
trade for
the Senate seat, which would, of course, be filled by a much better funded
person.

Don't you think that $2,000,000 per year is enough ?
Do you think that the ICANN Board members should each be budgeted $5,000,000 ?
Is that too large a difference ?
Could you set up lower cost offices in New York, by renting from an I* insider ?
...that would help to place the money in the "right" hands...

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt