RE: SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

2002-08-21 02:21:19
I'm with you...

but you forgot one item in your list, re-negotiation of a transaction and
re-starting where it was left, like http and ftp does.

It is a pity after sending 2MB of attachments you have to restart from the
beginning if there is a connection drop. This item is not easy to implement,
but hey, if you want to revamp, then let's revamp fully... More and more
people are just attaching documents without thinking of the size, and soon
we will e-mail each other our holidays movies...

For PKI, I have spoken with a few about a global PKI with a DNS helper. This
DNS helper would help to locate publick keys or system that can answer for
public keys... I have to find time to write what could look like a RFC. I
spoke with Bill Manning about it and I saw that Paul Vixie was proposing
something like this in its bid to manage the .org

Cheers.

Franck Martin
Network and Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck(_at_)sopac(_dot_)org <mailto:franck(_at_)sopac(_dot_)org>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/
<http://www.sopac.org/> Support FMaps: http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/
<http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/>
Certificate: https://www.sopac.org/ssl/

This e-mail is intended for its addresses only. Do not forward this e-mail
without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be necessarily
the views of SOPAC.