Re: APEX

2002-09-23 19:14:34
On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:45:01 EDT, Bill Cunningham said:

If datagram and packet is the same, then what are frames? TCP is carried by
PPP frames. I'm not sure about APEX (rfc 3340)

How about TCP encapsulated over MIME (yes, there *was* a document on that,
which I've since misplaced - it was actually NOT that silly an idea(*)), the
RFC822 carried over an SMTP connection,  which is using an RFC2549
encapsulation?

Or I could just mention ATM, which is almost as ugly ;)

/Valdis

(*) A standard IP-over-MIME format actually has applications - it beats
the usual 'tcpdump | mail fred' ;)