Re: Status of draft-christey-wysopal-vuln-disclosure-00.txt

2002-09-24 08:10:49
    Date:        Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:44:06 -0400 (EDT)
    From:        Donald Eastlake 3rd <dee3(_at_)torque(_dot_)pothole(_dot_)com>

  | Drafts expire in six months and get automatically removed

Eventually, which I think is relevant here.   The draft in question
has passed its expiry date, but has not yet been expired.  That will
probably happen sometime relatively soon now, after which it will be
gone from the archives.  (Drafts gets expired in large batches, from
time to time, not on the precise day their 6 months is over).

  | The only way to re-activate an expired draft is to
  | submit a new draft with at least a new version number and expiration
  | date.

And perhaps more importantly here, the only way to withdraw a document,
in the sense of "take it out of circulation" as distinct from "not bother
to push it any more", is to do the same thing - submit a replacement
document.    The replacement need only contain the boilerplate, and
"This draft has been withdrawn", but if it isn't sent, the old one will
remain available, until it naturally expires and is removed as above.

That wasn't done here, so the "officially withdrawn it" really can only be
interpreted as "the authors are no longer pushing this doc".

kre