Re: broadcast packets

2002-09-25 08:52:50
Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:33:52 +0200, "supermac2(_at_)inwind(_dot_)it"
<supermac2(_at_)inwind(_dot_)it>  said:
I'm Marco from Italy and I'm working on a security LAN project. I have to analyze all the hosts on my ethernet relying on their
broadcast packets.
You might want to ask yourself exactly what you're trying to accomplish by
trying to fingerprint systems based only on broadcast packets?
Maybe he meant "broadcast" at the physical layer? I.e., he's on a hub, and he's sniffing the traffic. Marco, is that what you intend?

|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centivinc(_dot_)com                      |
|Principal Engineer|http://www.centivinc.com                    |
|Centiv            |My opinions are my own.                     |
|Ea est fabula nostra, et non mutabimus eam! --House Falconguard|
|and Affiliated Scum                                            |