Re: Security Paradox

2002-10-15 00:03:28
Dear Christopher,

if I conclude your suggestion, the Internet may one time disapear due
to the security vulneraility of the Internet infrastructures. One time,
when it becomes appearent for network users.

Does it mean that it still exists because majority of the Internet's
users are not aware of this condition?

So, what is the best possible way to exploit the Internet for critical
transactions, if we believe that the Internet is still useful for such
purposes?

Regards,
Benny B. Nasution
School of Network Computing
Information Technology Faculty
Monash University
A U S T R A L I A
+61 401 230 818
+61 397 696 078
email: bnas3(_at_)student(_dot_)monash(_dot_)edu

----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher Evans <teknopup(_at_)bigvalley(_dot_)net>
Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 12:47 pm
Subject: Re: Security Paradox

This is a socialogical problem. security devices and procedures
are bandaids. I
get depressed on this topic alot, and refuse to go outside or
watch TV & radio
for days on end.

best way is lock down the gateway router is w/ port forwarding as
conf t it so
they cant ping your wan ip, put in wacky passwords that you cant
remember, and
keep logs on everything. oh and disable RIP so they cant see your
presence
on the internet. that is one reason I survived the fidonet baby-
boomer boot run
against the gen-Xers back in 1995 cuz I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT.

10/14/02 5:06:09 PM, Benny Nasution