Re: taking MARTA from airport to IETF55 hotel

2002-11-13 22:48:37
On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 23:49, Michael Richardson wrote:
I arrived today and made some minor notes that might be of use to others.
(I've been to Atlanta many times for N+I, but always wind up having to
stay up in Buckhead, so taking the MARTA has become routine on visits to
Atlanta).

In my moderate experience, Atlanta has the third best train link to the
airport. First is Zurich. Then Washington National, then Atlanta. I've
yet to do other than change planes in Amsterdam, and the EWR->NJ-Transit
link was not finished last I was there, so my rankings may change.

Just a word of warning:

While MARTA may be great for getting from the airport to the hotel,
that's about all its good for. Don't get here and expect something like
DC or Boston. We're a car town and we like it that way. ;-) MARTA has
only two real routes: North/South and East/West. And the busses are just
there to annoy the rest of the people on the road. So be warned....

Plus, I-75/I-85 (or the Connector as its called) should be low traffic
on the weekend unless someone's jack-knifed a 18-wheeler...

-MM

--
Michael Mealling <michael(_at_)neonym(_dot_)net>
HHI, Inc.