Re: namedroppers mismanagement, continued

2002-11-28 10:26:14
I don't care whether Bush's decisions can be adequately explained by
stupidity. The decisions shouldn't be made by hand in the first place.
The only acceptable ways to process a message to a standardization
mailing list are

   (1) to immediately pass it through unchanged to the subscribers or
   (2) to immediately bounce it.

The decision between #1 and #2 must be made by objective standards. The
bounces must clearly and thoroughly explain the standards. The standards
must allow the sender to straightforwardly arrange for #1.

I disagree that there is no room for human beings filtering out spam.
Your approach means that an IETF participant can't cross-post messages
to mailing lists to which s/he is not subscribed, which I think would make
inter-WG coordination much more difficult when we need to make it easier.

  Erik