Re: CAP ABNF and external references

2002-12-04 14:59:41

...However your new p-integer does allow for 0 which is still a non-useful value for LATENCY.

I agree the zero has no meaning - I'lll fix that.

However if a initiator wishes to wait a very long time for
the responder to complete, that is up to them. It
does not stop the responder from responding earlier
and it does not stop the responder from sending some kind
of error before the timeout, both of which terminate
the command.

Your example of 24 hours seems excessive to me, but
I would rather not limit it in the protocol as I feel
the CUA and the CS implementations can decide.

--

 Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
                                |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                We Do Standards - You Need Standards