Re: 10.4 IDENTIFY Command II

2002-12-04 16:59:48

Bruce_Kahn(_at_)notesdev(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com wrote:

 > If you determined that a hacker was attacking your system, would
 > you first inform them:
 >
 >    > 1: Network failure
 >    > 2: CS crash/shutdown
 >    > 3: "Im a bad boy"
 >    > 4: "Im not allowed to be the CFO of the company"
> > 5: "Sorry C&S Team AA, you are still not allowed to assume Bruces identity"
 >    > ...

Hmm, Im impressed that you alone have developed the means to make software clairvoyant and have imbued it with the ability to tell a hacker from a legitimate user who is retrying something they think should/will work.

I have made no such claim. I claimed that if I detect
a hacker - I am dropping the connection and I think
that is good protocol practice.

--

 Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
                                |   Cell: (208)520-4044