Re: naming debates

2002-12-06 09:35:31
"It's just that IETF has discussed this periodically for
many years."

Understood and valid.  And this will be my last post to the main page on
this subject. What I would like to point out as that the change to the
root, that ICANN has described "as never been before", has now been done.
If there was ever a time for a technologist to apply their expertise for
the benefit of the community on this subject matter, now is it.  For the
IETF not to take this position and perform whatever it is it does by way of
technical due diligence on a matter of this type of gravity is, to this lay
person, a complete neglect of its purpose and responsibilities regardless
of discussions that have taken place prior. Am I wrong?  If not, can
someone please make the recommendation by way of proper IETF protocol and
get it started?

Ray