Re: namedroppers, continued

2002-12-07 12:09:09
i am reminded by this thread that the most powerful force on the internet
continues to be a single voice saying that something cannot be done.

well, I've certainly seen it happen.  (though I think the most
powerful force on the internet is large numbers of voices insisting
that something be done whether or not it makes sense - not that this
is what is happening here.)

I don't want to discourage you from developing the mail from dns idea
further, but neither do I think it will help the spam problem much.
my biggest concern is that it will be used as an excuse to constrain
where people can send mail from, and at a time when ill-conceived spam
countermeasures are already a serious operational problem and probably
the most significant cause of failure to deliver legitimate mail.

Keith