Re: latex & internet-drafts & text output

2002-12-12 07:40:59
We have been using LaTeX for some of the SIP and RTP specs, together with a Tcl program that converts LaTeX to nroff (ms macros). The set of scripts requires a bit of expertise to set up, so I've made them available by request only.

Jari Arkko wrote:

Hi,

Can someone point me to instructions on how to use latex for the
production of internet drafts, including the .txt versions? I know
several folks who are doing this but none of the folks I know personally
can tell me what software versions, which tools, which settings, and
which style and other files they are using.

I have tried to Ralph Drom's rfc.tex and txt.tex and some version
of dvi2tty and the output isn't right; lines are too long and
there are empty lines in between. I also run into problems
in tex.sty on the @getfont directive which doesn't seem to work
on my Linux-redhat-default-installed latex system.

Jari

P.S. I'd be using XML but I happen to be editing something which
is already in LaTex.

This message was passed through ietf_censored(_at_)carmen(_dot_)ipv6(_dot_)cselt(_dot_)it, which is a sublist of ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_) Not all messages are passed. Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Raffaele D'Albenzio.