Re: ISOC meeting

2002-12-24 07:39:31
Perhaps he's referring to NDSS which is in San Diego in early February? -s

On Tuesday, Dec 24, 2002, at 08:47 US/Eastern, James M Galvin wrote:

Bill,

Did the message you received come from ISOC or from one of ISOC's
California Chapters?  I suspect the latter and I suspect the meeting is
just a discussion among people of a common problem.

Regardless, ISOC would not "go around" the IETF.

Jim Galvin
ISOC VP Chapters

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Bill Cunningham wrote:

    Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 02:06:43 -0500
    From: Bill Cunningham <billc44(_at_)citynet(_dot_)net>
    To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
    Subject: ISOC meeting

I received a mailing yesterday that was an invitation to Internet Society members to the meeting that will be coming up in California. One thing on the agenda is going to be discussions concerning spam and mail protocol encapsulations to thwart it. Is this an idea I haven't heard anything that has come from the IETF? Or is ISOC going to another source other than IETF
    through the IAB ?

stephen wolff 202.362.7110 (v)
academic research and technology initiatives    202.362.7224 (f)
cisco systems 202.427.6752 (m)