Re: Dan Bernstein's issues about namedroppers list operation

2003-01-13 08:49:40
Thomas Narten wrote:
Namedroppers is a posters-only mailing list that is run in conformance
with the policies outlined in
http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/IESG/STATEMENTS/mail-submit- policy.txt.

This states:
"""
4) Any held message that is later approved for distribution on the
   mailing list should appear on the list as a normal posting (e.g.,
   with the proper sender in the From address, etc.).
"""

Later, however, you write:
      [...] However, in
the second message, he manually inserted my subscription address, despite my previous comments about private subscription addresses and forged unsubscription requests. (Was this malicious, or was it
      just mind-bogglingly stupid?)

Or perhaps, it was to make it clear to the poster which address the
posting was coming from, since there seems to be confusion at times
about whether someone is posting from the same address to which they
are subscribed.

Including someone's private subscription address is not done for a normal posting. Doing it for a held message is a violation of the rule above, no?

--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com/]