RE: November meeting overlaps with IEEE 802

2003-01-14 06:06:30
Harald,

I was thinking that the IETF secretariat is looking by default at the schedule
of organizations like IEEE or ITU-T, and tries to avoid conflicts with their
meetings, as well as with the major networking industry shows.

IEEE 802 meetings schedule is available at
http://ieee802.org/meeting/future_meetings.html. Dates are scheduled for the
IEEE 802 plenary meetings until 2005.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand [mailto:harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 2:19 PM
To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan); Marcia Beaulieu; Glenn Parsons;
ietf-secretariat(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: November meeting overlaps with IEEE 802

--On tirsdag, januar 14, 2003 13:52:09 +0200 "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)"
<dromasca(_at_)avaya(_dot_)com> wrote:

That's a very unfortunate conflict for everybody who is
participating in
the IEEE and IETF process, and has WG chair, and/or editor
responsibilities in both organizations. This scheduling conflict was
avoided at least for the last eleven years since I started
to attend the
IETF meetings. What happened this time?

Nobody reported the IEEE meeting to the calendar that the
secretariat keeps
at http://www.ietf.org/meetings/events.cal.html (or if anyone
did, it was
lost) - and none of the people who went looking for conflicts
on that date
knew of the IEEE dates.

They are now added...

                      Harald