Frequently proposed solutions (was: Re: email and spam ...)

2003-01-14 12:57:10
At 09:34 AM 1/14/03 -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
Folks,

>>   *> > Could we not think of an FPS (frequently proposed
>> solutions)

John> Absolutely.  But such a hypothetical author would have to be
John> very motivated.

Would there be some benefit in taking the first step of simply listing FPSs,
without doing their detailed documentation?

A small additional step might be FPS list + URL (of archived mailing list proposal). The discussion thread should be easy enough to find from that.

Also, I've found that if a mailing list is archived with simple web access for each message, Google can be remarkably good at finding old messages.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK(_at_)NineByNine(_dot_)org>