Re: "Written patent policy with clear guidance"

2003-01-31 15:32:55
In message <41628837320(_dot_)20030131140909(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>, Dave
Crocker writes:
Folks,

Norm Beamer is a partner at Fish & Neave, which specializes in
intellectual property law.  They did the patent for the Wright Brothers.

I am forwarding his note at his request. This is not intended to state a
concern that the IETF's current efforts regarding intellectual property
are inadequate -- my non-expert guess is that we currently have pretty
good policies and communicate them well.

However it seems worthwhile to take note of a case and a warning that an
expert thinks is relevant to us.

Thanks.  This case has already been mentioned on the IPR wg's mailing
list.  I do feel that our requirements are explicit now; we're making
sure that they're clear enough in IPR.