your ongoing diatribe

2003-02-23 18:35:07

Excuse me, sir, but I've enjoyed quite enough of your behavior

Your lack of genuine operating experience is transparent.  don't quote
        adoption numbers for your software - i'm talking about *you*
        having direct experience running very large name server systems
        with many tens of thousands of zones, both primary and secondary,
        or equivalently, working hand-in-glove with those who have

Your failure (nee unwillingness) to appreciate the large-scale
        consequences of your mathematical fantasy land is simply stunning

The fact the Real World doesn't care about the constraints you've constructed
        to make your world view viable doesn't seem to faze you

In particular, you don't appreciate the necessity of reasonable
        operational behavior in the presence of multiple
        administrative domains which cannot perform with
        perfect coordination

Then you have the audacity to describe those with a deep understanding
        of what it takes to make the Big-I Internet work at very
        large scale as "pathetic".

Frankly, sir, sit down. You have embarrassed yourself in this forum
        quite enough and have impeded the efforts of those working
        mightily to move things along in a constructive manner.

You seem to imagine this is some kind of debating society where you
        gain points by taking yet another turn at the microphone
        when your opponents have been worn down by arguing with a
        refractory surface.

It isn't a debating society, "rough consensus" goes not require unanimity
        and there is serious work to get done, so I ask again,

Sir, please sit down.

        I now return you to the previous screed,
        -mo