Re: BLOCK: Abstract of proposed Internet Draft for Best Current Practice

2003-03-01 08:36:16

See inline comments

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:34:46 +0700, Gary Feldman <gfyho(_at_)YAHOO(_dot_)COM>
wrote: [snip]

Also, is there any reason to introduce new language instead of using
existing language?  ISP is already accepted for Internet Service
Provider;
SP isn't

I want to encompass both webhosting firm and ISP.   I agree it is
clumsy to introduce a new acronym.   Please offer a suggestion here.

The term "abuse" is already well-known to describe the
entire class of problems; calling it "pollution" is at best an annoying
distraction.

Here I have a particular psychological point in mind.   I want to
build on the success in suppressing physical pollution, by moving
to the "polluter pays" principle from the present "victim pays".
If I use "polluter" the audience may more easily make the mental
connection.

Jeffrey Race