Re: Time Taken to Announce Draft?

2003-05-13 04:37:42

Hi Rasputin,

At 11:21 PM 5/12/2003 -0400, Tulip Rasputin wrote:
I submitted an Internet-Draft by attaching a copy of it and sending a mail to
internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org some 5-6 days back. It has not yet been announced on the
announcement-lists OR the working group it is targetted for.

I wanted to know as to how long does it typically take to get the ID announced.

It usually takes 1-2 business days, assuming that the draft meets the
criteria for submission.  However, the delay is sensitive to the number
of drafts submitted, vacations and holidays for the I-D administrator,
etc.  The I-D administrator is located on the east coast of the U.S.

Your draft should meet the "Guidelines to Authors of Internet Drafts".
The guidelines can be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt

If you submitted the draft as a WG draft (file name = 'draft-ietf-*"),
then it may take longer, as the I-D administrator will need to wait
for approval from your WG chairs.

Did i miss something? It'll be close to a week now and it has not yet been announced.

I would write to the internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org address and ask what
is happening.

Margaret