Re: spammers harvesting RFC contact addresses

2003-05-18 13:22:44
At 12:08 PM -0700 5/18/03, James Salsman wrote:
Today I counted that nearly half my spam was sent to the unique address
that I gave as my contact information in RFC 2586.

        AFAICT, your RFC 2586 contact email is the same as the one
        you've used to post to the IETF list...and other places.
        HOW do you conclude that it was"unique" and that the spammers
        have picked yours up from that RFC?

        A google search for "james(_at_)bovik(_dot_)org" returned 180 matches.

           | You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape.|
           | If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. |
           | If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.    |