Re: Simple Internet Protocol, Again

2003-05-27 10:45:15
On dinsdag, mei 27, 2003, at 03:35 Europe/Amsterdam, Masataka Ohta wrote:

I've looked over your draft quickly, however I don't see
what applicability statement is possible.

It is a reality check agaist people dreaming of magical
deployment of IPv6.

It can also be a proposal to shutdown activities to further
complicate IPv6.

One of your objections against IPv6 as-is is that it is hard to implement. But by now a good number of vendors have implemented. Wouldn't "simplifying" existing code and increasing the interoperability mess (v4, v6complex and v6"simple") be a bigger hassle than simply using IPv6 the way it is now?