Re: Spam

2003-05-31 20:57:19
On Sat, 31 May 2003 21:54:17 CDT, "Eric A. Hall" said:

One of the potential benefits of binding IP address to the host identity
would be enforcement. A spammer may be able to crank millions of
identities into thousands of domains, but they will only ever have a
handful of servers and that smaller subset would be significantly easier
to enforce against, at least until they move.

We're starting to see the rise of zombie networks of trojaned machines to
send spam, similar to the DDoS networks.  Which makes Paul Vixie's comments
even more important: