draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv6-smtp-requirement

2003-07-09 06:08:27
------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: ngtrans(_at_)sunroof(_dot_)eng(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com, Ned Freed
<ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com>,
    Ted Hardie <hardie(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
Subject: draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv6-smtp-requirement
From: itojun(_at_)iijlab(_dot_)net
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:31:26 +0900
Sender: itojun(_at_)itojun(_dot_)org

        a couple of IETFs ago, it was suggested at the ngtrans wg meeting
        that the document draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv6-smtp-requirement-xx "should
        be handed to SMTP experts in application area".  since then, there
        has been no actions taken.  the fact is, there is no active working
        group for SMTP and email-related activities.  also ngtrans wg is
        concluded.  therefore, the document is in "zombie" state.

        I still want the document (or the contents of it) be published, as
        it contains critical guidelines for IPv6/v4 dual stack SMTP operation.
        I would like to ask IESG to decide and take appropriate actions,
        such as:
        - poke SMTP experts, let them work on the topic and produce an RFC
        - let me handle the document as an individual submission and publish
          it as an RFC

        thanks.

itojun

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy