RFP: IPV6 addressable light switches

2003-07-10 08:39:54
[This is the best time to ask questions like this, as the flood of drafts triggers so much avoidance behaviour]

I remember that one of the advantages of IPV6 was that it would allow addressing down to the level of individual light switches.

It's been 11 years since the Boston T Party; has anybody implemented this - either natively or through bridging to X-10? If so, what sort of prices were involved? I prefer not to buy from X-10 (the company) because of their role in evolving the evil of pop-ups.

How many people have converted their home network to pure V6? Is it possible to get native V6 using Road Runner ? Has anyone done this in the presence of V4 only appliances (i.e. ReplayTV)?

Any switchers want to stand up and be counted? Someone should grab an XL-1 in Vienna and roll tape (even though they'll probably all end "My name is <x> and I'm a network protocol designer"). Could be the next Ellen Fleiss...