Re: no multicast of IETF plenaries

2003-07-15 13:09:34

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:41:58 -0700 Ross Finlayson
<finlayson(_at_)live(_dot_)com> wrote:

At 12:06 PM 7/15/03, Jeffrey I. Schiller wrote:
I too would appreciate the plenaries being multicasted.

Me too :-)  (But failing that, please try to make the recorded video
available promptly.)

         Ross.

Why not pipe the audio to the location with the mixing desk and feed, so its at
worst 0.5 plenaries? it will actually be more, the audio is far more significant
than the video in this respect.

Having done some meeting multicasting in conference centers and having seen this
one, which is fully wired for simultaneous translation, I can't believe there
isn't 75-Ohm audio cabling between all halls via patch panels...

cheers
        -George

--
George Michaelson       |  APNIC
Email: ggm(_at_)apnic(_dot_)net    |  PO Box 2131 Milton QLD 4064