Korean cell phones

more complex than "they have their own incompatible system". In summary:

- GSM is very limited, if at all existent (I found one network listed as
  "planned for Sept  2003")

- Some pages claim "not compatible with your US handset" -- i.e. no
  CDMA roaming

- Many pages offer rentals

- Some providers appear to offer roaming using your GSM SIM card in a
  Korean CDMA handset (unless I got that all wrong)

Google for "Korean Cell Phones" or "Roaming in Korea" for more info.

Otherwise, I am pretty sure you can get a phone and a prepaid service for
something reasonable, but I will know more when I visit there in 30 days.

Since Samsung is the sponsor, why not just include a phone for each
attendee in the registration packet in stead of a T-shirt? :-)

Cheers,

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj