Re: FW: Virus alert

2003-08-29 18:18:30
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:30:44 CDT, David Frascone <dave(_at_)frascone(_dot_)com>
 said:

'course, I probably get 25 e-mails a day telling me that I sent someone
Sobig, which would be pretty impressive, since I run Suse :)

I should be so lucky.  I'm averaging almost that many AV-scanner alerts bouncing
to me an *hour*.  And inbound Sobig-F are above 1 per minute.

I still say we should have put this in the "security considerations" in RFC1341:

"If you think you know how to secure active objects in e-mail, you are
probably very mistaken.  There be serious and nasty dragons here."

(with apologies to the authors of 'xterm').

On the other hand, maybe we didn't do THAT badly - I can only think of one
vendor that really didn't pay attention....