Re: Last Call: 'Maximum Transmission Unit Signalling Extensions for the Label Distribution Protocol' to Proposed Standard

2003-11-04 13:42:03
Hi Adrian,

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Adrian Farrel wrote:

   MTU

   This is a 16-bit unsigned integer that represents the MTU in octets
   for an LSP or segment of an LSP.

Is this unnecessarily limiting? Shouldn't we support MPLS over L2
technologies that support larger than 64k MTUs?

I'm happy to do so, but I'm not aware of any L2 technology that
supports MTUs greater than 64K.  But if no one objects, this field can
be made 32 bits, assuming that that's big enough :-)

Kireeti.
-------