Re: need help from the ietf list...PKI

2003-12-22 11:13:46

Masataka Ohta wrote:

Doug Royer;

I agree. With my mortgage customers (MISMO.org related) I have
argued that private certs signed by their business partner is better than a
cert issued by a well known cert company. Anyone can buy a cert from
the well known company.

As long as the cert company is a bank, you deposit money to the
bank, the bank issues a cert for the amount of the money and your
bank account is checked and reduced at the time the cert is used,
there is no problem to use the bank as a well known cert company.

The usage is not for money transfer, it is for document transfer.
So long term certs with CRL's is still needed.

--

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
                              |   Cell: (208)520-4044

              We Do Standards - You Need Standards