Most impressive Phish I've seen (Fw: Visa Security Update)

2003-12-23 21:34:42
Just received this Phish email.

What is amazing about it is that, while it looks like a plain ascii email, it
was actually in HTML, and HTML had been used to make it look like an plain
ascii email.

I don't remember giving Visa any of my "nosense.org" email addresses, so I was
suspicious. Clicking the "http://www.visa.com"; link took me to this URL

http://server445.servers101.com/suspended.page/

Fortunately, it looks like the phishermen have been noticed, and the bogus site
shut down.

The only way I discovered it was bogus was to view the original email source,
to then see the HTML.

Just goes to show, you should never click any URLs in emails that are asking
about any private or sensitive information, irrespective of how legitimate or
harmless they appear to be.

(Now to find where to disable HTML in my mail client ...)

Regards,
Mark.

Begin forwarded message: