RE: dubious assumptions about IPv6 (was death of the Internet)

2004-01-15 05:05:08

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:owner-ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On
Behalf Of Keith
Moore
Sent: den 14 januari 2004 18:29
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu
Subject: dubious assumptions about IPv6 (was death of the Internet)

Since the topic of IPv6 transition seems to have surfaced in this
discussion, I thought I'd send a pointer to my argument as to why a lot
of the common assumptions about IPv6 transitions are dubious.

I put these things in a web page to avoid needing to re-type the same
arguments over and over, and because I think I express things more
effectively in this form than when trying to finish an email message on
a difficult topic before going to X  (where X is one of
{work,lunch,dinner,bed}).  One downside is that the web page isn't
directly tailored to a specific list discussion - so some of the
assumptions listed on the web page are apropos to the recent discussion
on this list while others are not.

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~moore/opinions/ipv6/dubious-assumptions.html

them - I've disabled my subscription to the ietf list and am currently
only scanning the archives once every few days.  (In general, it's a bad
idea to assume that you know whether someone will receive a reply sent
to the entire list.)