Re: Hi

2004-01-19 09:04:25
    > From: John Stracke <jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com>

    > I didn't write that; the return address was faked.

So much for mailing list "security" by only allowing posts from subscribers.

This virus/worm is actually mildly interested in the way it operates. I'm
seeing lots of email from people with whom I would have corresponded long ago.
So it's probably mining web pages for old email, and using the addresses it
finds in the headers as source/dest pairs.

I wonder how long it will take before the spammers catch onto this trick.

        Noel